DELL LatitudeCPx450 PCMCIA to eth supported??? Or usb/ ethernet adapter?? - Portable

This is a discussion on DELL LatitudeCPx450 PCMCIA to eth supported??? Or usb/ ethernet adapter?? - Portable ; Is the DELL Latitude CPx 450 its PCMCIA to ethernet supported??? I know the machine works probably well, but... the PCMCIA not... (I think it is the pcmcia slot, not the type of card... I've only seen one message on ...

  1. DELL LatitudeCPx450 PCMCIA to eth supported??? Or usb/ ethernet adapter??

    Is the DELL Latitude CPx 450 its PCMCIA to ethernet supported???

    I know the machine works probably well, but... the PCMCIA
    not... (I think it is the pcmcia slot, not the type
    of card... I've only seen one message on a linux
    mail list, without answers...)

    I know about a USB to ethernet adapter (even USB2),
    but is that working under linux??
    What type works??

    Show me a page/link...

    Thank you,

    Marc

    --

  2. Re: DELL LatitudeCPx450 PCMCIA to eth supported??? Or usb/ ethernet adapter??

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.portable.]
    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:56:54 +0100, Marc staggered into the Black Sun
    and said:
    > Is the DELL Latitude CPx 450's PCMCIA to ethernet supported??? I know
    > the machine works probably well, but... the PCMCIA not... (I think it
    > is the pcmcia slot, not the type of card... I've only seen one
    > message on a linux mail list, without answers...)

    All modern PCMCIA chipsets *should* be supported, since they all use the
    yenta_socket module. If your PCMCIA subsystem isn't working, it'd help
    if you said what you have tried, what errors you received, what symptoms
    you saw, the output of "uname -a", the distro you're using and its
    version number, output from "dmesg | grep Yenta", output from "lspci
    -vv" that relates to the PCMCIA subsystem, etcetera. (From .be? Je
    peux lire et écrire français, mais pas Flemish, désolé.)

    > I know about a USB to ethernet adapter (even USB2), but is that
    > working under linux?? What type works??

    Several USB networking adapters work, but I can't give you a good link
    other than http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?id=16 , which lists
    a bunch of networking adapters and whether they work or not.

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!