autoscan automake and similar and deprecated standard libraries classes - Portable

This is a discussion on autoscan automake and similar and deprecated standard libraries classes - Portable ; Hi, I've modified an old library, flip (fuzzy logic stuff), to work with new gcc compiler, I've made operation like substituting #include with #include and inserted where useful "using std::str..". And i've modified the makefile to add the install and ...

  1. autoscan automake and similar and deprecated standard libraries classes

    Hi,
    I've modified an old library, flip (fuzzy logic stuff), to work with
    new gcc compiler, I've made operation like substituting #include
    with #include and inserted where useful
    "using std::str..". And i've modified the makefile to add the install
    and the uninstall target.
    Now i'd like to use autotools and automake and friends or similar
    tools to make the same work.
    I wondered when autoscan didn't found these deprecated methods. And I
    hope ther can be an automated method to do it, and to check other
    non-portable and non-standard code.
    Can any one help?
    thanks,
    Dimitri Ognibene

  2. Re: autoscan automake and similar and deprecated standard librariesclasses

    Shalafi wrote:
    > Can any one help?

    Maybe in comp.os.linux.development.
    comp.lang.c++ isn't going to offer much help since autotools are not
    part of C++.

  3. Re: autoscan automake and similar and deprecated standard librariesclasses

    fizban@softhome.net (Shalafi) writes:

    > I've modified an old library, flip (fuzzy logic stuff), to work with
    > new gcc compiler, I've made operation like substituting #include
    > with #include and inserted where useful
    > "using std::str..". And i've modified the makefile to add the install
    > and the uninstall target.
    > Now i'd like to use autotools and automake and friends or similar
    > tools to make the same work.

    I would ask about this on the autoconf and/or automake mailing
    lists:
    autoconf@gnu.org
    automake@gnu.org
    --