Battery re-charge on 600e? - Portable

This is a discussion on Battery re-charge on 600e? - Portable ; I have an ancient Thinkpad 600e (runs Slackware 9.1) which is my backup machine. Sits in closet most of the time (disconnected) and when I run it I run without the battery installed. I want to charge the battey before ...

  1. Battery re-charge on 600e?

    I have an ancient Thinkpad 600e (runs Slackware 9.1) which is my backup
    machine. Sits in closet most of the time (disconnected) and when I run it I
    run without the battery installed. I want to charge the battey before I go on
    a trip with it. After popping in the battery, do I need to leave the machine
    running overnight? Or will it charge if it is just plugged in to the AC
    adapter?

    Thanks,
    Al

  2. Re: Battery re-charge on 600e?

    Al. C wrote:

    > I have an ancient Thinkpad 600e (runs Slackware 9.1) which is my backup
    > machine. Sits in closet most of the time (disconnected) and when I run it
    > I run without the battery installed. I want to charge the battey before I
    > go on a trip with it. After popping in the battery, do I need to leave the
    > machine running overnight? Or will it charge if it is just plugged in to
    > the AC adapter?

    You only have to leave it plugged in.

+ Reply to Thread