HP zv5330ea and Athlon - Portable

This is a discussion on HP zv5330ea and Athlon - Portable ; Hi everybody, I've installed a mandrake 10.1 on my HP laptop, a zv5330ea. But I can't find a real information about its processor. Z-cpu (yes, I have a windows partition too ! Sorry.) says it's a 64bits processor. Someone can ...

  1. HP zv5330ea and Athlon

    Hi everybody,

    I've installed a mandrake 10.1 on my HP laptop, a zv5330ea.

    But I can't find a real information about its processor. Z-cpu (yes, I
    have a windows partition too ! Sorry.) says it's a 64bits processor.

    Someone can confirm that ? If it's the case, can I install a x86-64
    mandrake ?

    Thanx

  2. Re: HP zv5330ea and Athlon

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:53:27 +0100, zered staggered into the Black Sun
    and said:
    > I've installed a mandrake 10.1 on my HP laptop, a zv5330ea. But I
    > can't find a real information about its processor. Z-cpu says it's a
    > 64bits processor.

    paganini:/var/log$ grep name /proc/cpuinfo
    model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)

    ....if you execute that command and see "Athlon 64" in the output, you
    have an Athlon 64. If you see "Athlon XP", then you have an Athlon XP.

    > If it's the case, can I install a x86-64 mandrake ?

    If you have an Athlon 64, you can probably install a 64-bit distro.
    Some things (like ndiswrapper) will not work with 64-bit kernels though.

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!

  3. Re: HP zv5330ea and Athlon

    Hi,

    thanx to be so quick !

    I have this :

    model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP Processor 3000+

    So, I have a XP processor.

    Thnx again

    have a good day

    Dances With Crows a écrit :

    > paganini:/var/log$ grep name /proc/cpuinfo
    > model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)
    >
    > ...if you execute that command and see "Athlon 64" in the output, you
    > have an Athlon 64. If you see "Athlon XP", then you have an Athlon XP.

  4. Re: HP zv5330ea and Athlon

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:53:27 +0100, zered <> wrote:
    >Hi everybody,

    >I've installed a mandrake 10.1 on my HP laptop, a zv5330ea.

    >But I can't find a real information about its processor. Z-cpu (yes, I
    >have a windows partition too ! Sorry.) says it's a 64bits processor.

    >Someone can confirm that ? If it's the case, can I install a x86-64
    >mandrake ?

    >Thanx

    check out /proc/cpuinfo

+ Reply to Thread