crt/lcd Dell Latitude D505 - Portable

This is a discussion on crt/lcd Dell Latitude D505 - Portable ; Hello, I've installed Debian on my Dell Latitude D505. Kernel 2.6.9-1-686. i810switch is installed, but I can not switch with the Fn-F8(crt/lcd) keys Who can help me? Thanks Bart...

  1. crt/lcd Dell Latitude D505

    Hello,

    I've installed Debian on my Dell Latitude D505.
    Kernel 2.6.9-1-686.
    i810switch is installed, but I can not switch with the
    Fn-F8(crt/lcd) keys
    Who can help me?

    Thanks
    Bart

  2. Re: crt/lcd Dell Latitude D505

    It didn't work for me as well (XPS M1530).
    Then I disabled some Kernel options with menuconfig.

    CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO has been removed
    CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LCD_SUPPORT is no longer set
    CONFIG_DISPLAY_SUPPORT is no longer set
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL is no longer set

    I would thought these options were actually neccesary, but in fact the hardware can switch the output on its own. Beware though that when the console is started and when the gfx driver is loaded the hardware seems to be reset the output. So I ended up pressing Fn+F8 3 times through the boot procedure

+ Reply to Thread