FC2 Radeon IGP320M (U1) screen corruption problem: workaround found - Portable

This is a discussion on FC2 Radeon IGP320M (U1) screen corruption problem: workaround found - Portable ; Followup to my problem, which I initially thought was only in OpenOffice, but turns out to be fundamental to. Hardware: ATI Radeon U1 (IGP320M), on HP ZE4805WM laptop. To show the symptom: Open Mozilla. Type a long string of 'g' ...

  1. FC2 Radeon IGP320M (U1) screen corruption problem: workaround found

    Followup to my problem, which I initially thought was only in
    OpenOffice, but turns out to be fundamental to.

    Hardware: ATI Radeon U1 (IGP320M), on HP ZE4805WM laptop.

    To show the symptom: Open Mozilla. Type a long string of 'g'
    characters into the URL bar. Click somewhere in the middle of the
    string. Type a letter 'i'. You'll see some garbage to the right of the
    'i'. Part of the 'g' that was in that space before has not been
    erased.

    Fix: Option "XaaNoSolidFillRect"

    NOTE: The fact that solid rects don't work properly probably means
    there are other acceleration bugs in the driver. I'm waiting for a
    newer x.org RPM for FC2, since the current latest (6.7.?) doesn't
    support DRI on the U1 anyway.

  2. Re: FC2 Radeon IGP320M (U1) screen corruption problem: workaroundfound

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:
    > Followup to my problem, which I initially thought was only in
    > OpenOffice, but turns out to be fundamental to.
    >
    > Hardware: ATI Radeon U1 (IGP320M), on HP ZE4805WM laptop.
    >
    > To show the symptom: Open Mozilla. Type a long string of 'g'
    > characters into the URL bar. Click somewhere in the middle of the
    > string. Type a letter 'i'. You'll see some garbage to the right of the
    > 'i'. Part of the 'g' that was in that space before has not been
    > erased.
    >
    > Fix: Option "XaaNoSolidFillRect"
    >
    > NOTE: The fact that solid rects don't work properly probably means
    > there are other acceleration bugs in the driver. I'm waiting for a
    > newer x.org RPM for FC2, since the current latest (6.7.?) doesn't
    > support DRI on the U1 anyway.

    Which driver and/or video= boot options are you using?

    --
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)

  3. Re: FC2 Radeon IGP320M (U1) screen corruption problem: workaround found

    > > Fix: Option "XaaNoSolidFillRect"
    > >
    > > newer x.org RPM for FC2, since the current latest (6.7.?) doesn't
    > > support DRI on the U1 anyway.

    > Which driver and/or video= boot options are you using?

    No video= boot options. I don't use the graphic console, because I
    can't get X to play nice with it unless I use the dumb framebuffer
    server.

    The above fix worked for me in FC2. Unfortunately when I upgraded to
    FC3, it got broken again. I don't have a solution yet except to turn
    off acceleration entirely.

+ Reply to Thread