HP/Compaq Docking Station Functionality - Portable

This is a discussion on HP/Compaq Docking Station Functionality - Portable ; I've got a new laptop and docking station on the way for an HP/Compaq laptop. Does anyone know if the docking station will require special configuration/drivers, or if all the sound/network/USB translation will be handled at a hardware level? Thanks ...

  1. HP/Compaq Docking Station Functionality

    I've got a new laptop and docking station on the way for an HP/Compaq
    laptop. Does anyone know if the docking station will require special
    configuration/drivers, or if all the sound/network/USB translation will be
    handled at a hardware level?

    Thanks in advance!
    --
    *gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

  2. Re: HP/Compaq Docking Station Functionality

    PraetorJudis wrote:

    > I've got a new laptop and docking station on the way for an HP/Compaq
    > laptop. Does anyone know if the docking station will require special
    > configuration/drivers, or if all the sound/network/USB translation will be
    > handled at a hardware level?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    To answer my own question, now that I've set it up. The translation of all
    interfaces is handled by hardware and invisible to the OS.
    --
    *gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

  3. Re: HP/Compaq Docking Station Functionality

    PraetorJudis writes:

    > To answer my own question, now that I've set it up. The translation of all
    > interfaces is handled by hardware and invisible to the OS.

    That's better than the docking station for my Thinkpad. It locks the
    laptop in when inserted, and needs a windows-only driver to release it
    without powering everything down. :-/

    tim

+ Reply to Thread