Nvidia driver kills mouse on A64/Nforce3-150/Compaq R3000z - Portable

This is a discussion on Nvidia driver kills mouse on A64/Nforce3-150/Compaq R3000z - Portable ; I've just tried to install the latest Nvidia driver on a Compaq R3000z notebook (Athlon 64, NForce3-150, GeForce 4 graphics). When the Nvidia driver is used the external USB mouse doesn't work, it works with the unaccelerated driver. I have ...

  1. Nvidia driver kills mouse on A64/Nforce3-150/Compaq R3000z

    I've just tried to install the latest Nvidia driver on a Compaq R3000z
    notebook (Athlon 64, NForce3-150, GeForce 4 graphics). When the Nvidia
    driver is used the external USB mouse doesn't work, it works with the
    unaccelerated driver.

    I have Fedora Core 2 (32 bit) with the 2.6.8.1 kernel on the system. Has
    anyone else had problems with the Nvidia driver? Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Nvidia driver kills mouse on A64/Nforce3-150/Compaq R3000z

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.hardware.]
    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:21:24 -0400, General Schvantzkoph staggered into
    the Black Sun and said:
    > I've just tried to install the latest Nvidia driver on a Compaq R3000z
    > notebook (Athlon 64, NForce3-150, GeForce 4 graphics). When the Nvidia
    > driver is used the external USB mouse doesn't work, it works with the
    > unaccelerated driver. I have Fedora Core 2 (32 bit) with the 2.6.8.1
    > kernel on the system. Any suggestions?

    I assume you're using the same XF86Config or Xorg.conf file in both
    cases, with "nv" changed to "nvidia". This is weird, and the first
    thing that I could think of was the binary-only module grabbing the same
    IRQ that the USB chipset uses. What's your /proc/interrupts look like?
    Are there any lines from dmesg that indicate a problem with the USB
    subsystem?

    http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me!