Porting from solaris to Linux side - Portable

This is a discussion on Porting from solaris to Linux side - Portable ; Actually I want to port applications written In C/C++ from Solaris side to the linux side. So I want to know the difference of System Interfaces between Linux and Solaris libraries, in following sections , a) Basic Library Functions b) ...

  1. Porting from solaris to Linux side

    Actually I want to port applications
    written In C/C++ from Solaris side
    to the linux side.
    So I want to know the difference
    of System Interfaces between
    Linux and Solaris libraries,
    in following sections ,
    a) Basic Library Functions
    b) Networking Library Functions
    c) Threads and Realtime Library Functions
    d) Extended Library Functions
    Can I get a list of such functions ?
    harsha

  2. Re: Porting from solaris to Linux side

    harshaL wrote:

    > Actually I want to port applications
    > written In C/C++ from Solaris side
    > to the linux side.
    > So I want to know the difference
    > of System Interfaces between
    > Linux and Solaris libraries,
    > in following sections ,
    > a) Basic Library Functions
    > b) Networking Library Functions
    > c) Threads and Realtime Library Functions
    > d) Extended Library Functions
    > Can I get a list of such functions ?
    > harsha

    The "portable" in comp.os.linux.portable refers to portable devices like
    laptops, PDA's etc. Not the task of "porting" applications from one system
    to another.

    Try cross posting your query to comp.os.linux.misc and your favorite solaris
    NG.

+ Reply to Thread