Compaq Evo Nx9005 and Suse Personal 9.1 - Portable

This is a discussion on Compaq Evo Nx9005 and Suse Personal 9.1 - Portable ; Hi everyone! Has anyone installed Suse 9.1 Personal on the specific laptop? I used the live CD to test if the hardware components are supported and suprisingly the ATI Radeon IGP 320M graphics only works properly for very small resolutions ...

  1. Compaq Evo Nx9005 and Suse Personal 9.1

    Hi everyone!
    Has anyone installed Suse 9.1 Personal on the specific laptop?
    I used the live CD to test if the hardware components are supported
    and suprisingly the ATI Radeon IGP 320M graphics only works properly
    for very small resolutions (nowhere near 1024x768). I say suprisingly
    because with the Suse 8.2 Live CD i could have the 1024x768 resolution
    with no problem at all.
    Is there a fix for this problem or should i forget about Suse and try
    another distribution?
    Cheers!

  2. Re: Compaq Evo Nx9005 and Suse Personal 9.1

    Hi,

    I have Susue Linux 9.1 running on my Zt3000 HP . And it works fine. I
    had problem locating the driver for my Radeon 9200 . By I managed to
    run with at 1024*920 pixels.

    /Ajay

+ Reply to Thread