Toshiba 5005-S504 - Portable

This is a discussion on Toshiba 5005-S504 - Portable ; I have a Toshiba 5005-S504 that I want to run Linux on. Does anyone have any experience setting up Linux on this model? Any issues I should be aware of? I'm assuming the distributions out there today support laptops better ...

  1. Toshiba 5005-S504

    I have a Toshiba 5005-S504 that I want to run Linux on. Does anyone
    have any experience setting up Linux on this model? Any issues I
    should be aware of? I'm assuming the distributions out there today
    support laptops better than they did a few years ago. Are any of the
    distributions more laptop friendly that others?

    I'm a novice with Linux at this point but I want to learn more. Any
    information will be appreciated. Thanks.

    Terry

  2. Re: Toshiba 5005-S504

    http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/toshiba.html
    http://tuxmobil.org/toshiba.html

    --
    When you say: "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just
    stare at you blankly and say:

    remove '.eh' to email

  3. Re: Toshiba 5005-S504

    I use mandrake 10 on that model and it works quite well. Getting the
    modem to work is somewhat tricky but everything else works fine, as far
    as I can tell. Except I don't have any firewire hardware, so I don't
    know if that works out.

    Terry D wrote:
    > I have a Toshiba 5005-S504 that I want to run Linux on. Does anyone
    > have any experience setting up Litnux on this model? Any issues I
    > should be aware of? I'm assuming the distributions out there today
    > support laptops better than they did a few years ago. Are any of the
    > distributions more laptop friendly that others?
    >
    > I'm a novice with Linux at this point but I want to learn more. Any
    > information will be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Terry

+ Reply to Thread