Run a script automatocally after inserting pcmcia - Portable

This is a discussion on Run a script automatocally after inserting pcmcia - Portable ; Hi there! I am trying to run a script automatically whenever I insert the pcmcia card into my laptop's slot. Unfortunately I have not found a way to do that. How does that work? -- Michael r-znvy: zvpunry.wryqra jro.qr (chg ...

  1. Run a script automatocally after inserting pcmcia

    --
    Michael

    r-znvy: zvpunry.wryqra jro.qr (chg gur "@" jurer vg svgf...)
    ab fcnz cyrnfr

  2. Re: Run a script automatocally after inserting pcmcia

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:15:02 +0200, upro wrote:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I am trying to run a script automatically whenever I insert the pcmcia
    > card into my laptop's slot. Unfortunately I have not found a way to do
    > that.
    >
    > How does that work?

    Settings for devices can go in /etc/pcmcia/. For example for my CF or
    Smartcard pc card adapter, which is treated as an ide device, I can put
    settings like following in ide.opts to mount it automatically (along
    settings in /etc/fstab, since I could not seem to get DO_FSTAB="y" to work
    properly from ide.opts):

    case "$ADDRESS" in
    *,*,*,1)
    INFO="Flash setup"
    DO_MOUNT="y"
    FSTYPE="vfat"
    MOUNTPT="/media/flash"
    ;;
    *,*,*)
    PARTS="1"
    # Card eject policy options
    NO_CHECK=n
    NO_FUSER=n
    ;;
    esac

    However, I did not configure it to unmount it automatically, so I have to
    do 'umount /media/flash' before cardctl eject.