New (secondhand) laptop - Portable

This is a discussion on New (secondhand) laptop - Portable ; I'm selling my old IBM 760EL as I want a smaller laptop. Ideally something just a shade bigger than a DVD case. Definitely by IBM because they give excellent after-sales support whereas other manufacturers stick two fingers up at their ...

  1. New (secondhand) laptop

    I'm selling my old IBM 760EL as I want a smaller laptop. Ideally something
    just a shade bigger than a DVD case.
    Definitely by IBM because they give excellent after-sales support whereas
    other manufacturers stick two fingers up at their customers.

    Which IBM should I have (secondhand) that'll fit the bill and which will
    work with Linux and KDE? I need access to all the ports - usb, pcmcia, modem
    etc.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

  2. Re: New (secondhand) laptop

    Zebedee wrote:

    > I'm selling my old IBM 760EL as I want a smaller laptop. Ideally something
    > just a shade bigger than a DVD case.
    > Definitely by IBM because they give excellent after-sales support whereas
    > other manufacturers stick two fingers up at their customers.
    >
    > Which IBM should I have (secondhand) that'll fit the bill and which will
    > work with Linux and KDE? I need access to all the ports - usb, pcmcia,
    > modem etc.

    I have an R31 that works well. Also check the IBM Linux site. They have a
    list of Linux certified systems.

    --

    Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

    james.knott.

  3. Re: New (secondhand) laptop

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:06:13 +0100, Zebedee wrote:
    > Which IBM should I have (secondhand) that'll fit the bill and which will
    > work with Linux and KDE? I need access to all the ports - usb, pcmcia, modem
    > etc.

    I like the IBM ThinkPad T and X series, if you prefer small laptops. Here
    are links to installation reports http://tuxmobil.org/ibm.html

    Werner

    --
    |=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
    |=| T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86
    |*| This is no time for phony rhetoric -- Lou Reed

+ Reply to Thread