ALSA on Fujitsu-Siemens A7600? - Portable

This is a discussion on ALSA on Fujitsu-Siemens A7600? - Portable ; anybody got any idea how to make it work? cant find anything on alsa.org, linux-on-laptops(only the old sound system, not updated!) OR google.. i run fedora core 1, with kernel 2.6.2. the soundcard is (quoted from FS webpage.. ) Realtek ...

  1. ALSA on Fujitsu-Siemens A7600?

    anybody got any idea how to make it work? cant find anything on alsa.org,
    linux-on-laptops(only the old sound system, not updated!) OR google..
    i run fedora core 1, with kernel 2.6.2.
    the soundcard is (quoted from FS webpage.. )
    Realtek ALC202, AC 97 2.1 compatible
    its of course, being a laptop an onboard issue, and those can really be the
    bitch sometimes..
    apreciate any pointers, tips and the like

    thanks!

  2. Re: ALSA on Fujitsu-Siemens A7600?

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:46:54 +0200, Kjell Auk wrote:

    > anybody got any idea how to make it work?

    I think I have the same portable (a Fujitsu-Siemens amilo a7600) and the
    sound works perfectly. I am using Debian unstable with kernel 2.6.5, so I
    am afraid I can't be of much help with Fedora. I have installed
    the alsa-base and alsa-utils packages, have done "alsaconf" as root and
    selected ali5451. Then, I have raised the volume with alsamixer, by
    default the volume is mute. And that was it, really.

    When I was setting up my laptop, I found
    very helpful the page . You could also ask
    for help at the amilo yahoo group.

    Best of luck,

    Portja

+ Reply to Thread