IBM 760 EL - Portable

This is a discussion on IBM 760 EL - Portable ; I have an IBM 760 EL with 64MB ram and a 2.1gb HDD. I am currently running NT4 on it but want something a bit faster running that will access the PCMCIA port. It needs to have the graphics and ...

  1. IBM 760 EL

    I have an IBM 760 EL with 64MB ram and a 2.1gb HDD. I am currently running
    NT4 on it but want something a bit faster running that will access the
    PCMCIA port. It needs to have the graphics and sound drivers for the laptop
    and a GUI display. Ideally, I'd use Mandrake 9.1 but from previous
    experience on my p166 system, it's too CPU intensive. So, I'm looking for a
    graphical environment that'll run well on a P120 and which will read PCMCIA
    cards (Compact Flash) and a PCMCIA Gray cell ethernet card as well as work
    with an external modem. Any suggestions or am I going to have to see the
    doctor about more pills to stop the fantiasies?
    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

  2. Re: IBM 760 EL

    Zebedee wrote:
    > I have an IBM 760 EL with 64MB ram and a 2.1gb HDD. I am currently running
    > NT4 on it but want something a bit faster running that will access the
    > PCMCIA port. It needs to have the graphics and sound drivers for the laptop
    > and a GUI display. Ideally, I'd use Mandrake 9.1 but from previous
    > experience on my p166 system, it's too CPU intensive. So, I'm looking for a
    > graphical environment that'll run well on a P120 and which will read PCMCIA
    > cards (Compact Flash) and a PCMCIA Gray cell ethernet card as well as work
    > with an external modem. Any suggestions or am I going to have to see the
    > doctor about more pills to stop the fantiasies?

    Red Hat 6.2.3

    -- Dave

  3. Re: IBM 760 EL

    "Zebedee" skrev i meddelandet
    news:407027f6$0$1315$afc38c87@news.ukonline.co.uk. ..
    > I have an IBM 760 EL with 64MB ram and a 2.1gb HDD. I am currently running
    > NT4 on it but want something a bit faster running that will access the
    > PCMCIA port. It needs to have the graphics and sound drivers for the

    laptop
    > and a GUI display. Ideally, I'd use Mandrake 9.1 but from previous
    > experience on my p166 system, it's too CPU intensive. So, I'm looking for

    > graphical environment that'll run well on a P120 and which will read

    PCMCIA
    > cards (Compact Flash) and a PCMCIA Gray cell ethernet card as well as work
    > with an external modem. Any suggestions or am I going to have to see the
    > doctor about more pills to stop the fantiasies?
    > --
    > Yours
    >
    > Zebedee
    >
    > (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    > to escape paying his debts to
    > Dougal and Florence)

    Try out Vector Linux, I run it on my Toshiba 520 CDT,233 MhZ, 32 MB
    and I use FluxBox or BlackBox as GUI.

+ Reply to Thread