Hello again. Thanks for the prompt help - I have started to test the
indicated procedure, but was unable to complete so before I left for a
two month stay in Sweden. I will continue working on it as soon as
possible.

A short remark on Cardbus: I guess the command syntax cbirqX lured me
into thinking that the notebook has CardBus capabilities. The tool I
used is the IBM ps2.exe, so I called ps2 cb1irq ... and in the irq
table, both assigned irq's showed up after this ... but since you
developed the pcmcia-cs on a similar machine, I guess you know the
turf better than me

Best regards,
Maurice