PCMCIA 2.4.25 airo_cs - Portable

This is a discussion on PCMCIA 2.4.25 airo_cs - Portable ; I am hoping someone out there can help me, as I'm seemingly out of options. . . I am running kernel 2.4.25 and am desperatly tryin to get a Cisco Aironet 350 card working. I have downloaded the pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 and ...

  1. PCMCIA 2.4.25 airo_cs

    I am hoping someone out there can help me, as I'm seemingly
    out of options. . . I am running kernel 2.4.25 and am
    desperatly tryin to get a Cisco Aironet 350 card working.
    I have downloaded the pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 and compiled it against
    my kernel source and have tested other pcmcia cards - they
    work fine. I have also uploaded the recommend firmware to
    the aironet card. . . Ok - now the errors:

    cardmgr[479]: socket 0: Cisco Aironet 350
    cardmgr[479]: product info: "Cisco Systems", "350\
    Series Wireless LAN Adapter"
    cardmgr[479]: manfid: 0x015f, 0x000a function: 6\
    (network)
    cardmgr[479]: executing: 'modprobe airo_cs'
    cardmgr[479]: get dev info on socket 0 failed:\
    Resource temporarily unavailable

    dmesg:
    cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
    airo: Doing fast bap_reads
    airo: BAP setup error too many retries
    airo: MAC could not be enabled
    airo_cs: RequestConfiguration: Operation succeeded

    Any help here is greatly appreciated
    TIA -- Steve

    --

  2. Re: PCMCIA 2.4.25 airo_cs

    stevek wrote:

    > dmesg:
    > cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
    > airo: Doing fast bap_reads
    > airo: BAP setup error too many retries
    > airo: MAC could not be enabled
    > airo_cs: RequestConfiguration: Operation succeeded

    You might have to contact the maintainer. I don't know what would
    produce that result.

    -- Dave

  3. Re: PCMCIA 2.4.25 airo_cs

    "stevek" wrote in message
    > I am hoping someone out there can help me, as I'm seemingly
    > out of options. . . I am running kernel 2.4.25 and am
    > desperatly tryin to get a Cisco Aironet 350 card working.
    > I have downloaded the pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 and compiled it against
    > my kernel source and have tested other pcmcia cards - they
    > work fine. I have also uploaded the recommend firmware to
    > the aironet card. . . Ok - now the errors:
    >
    > cardmgr[479]: socket 0: Cisco Aironet 350
    > cardmgr[479]: product info: "Cisco Systems", "350\
    > Series Wireless LAN Adapter"
    > cardmgr[479]: manfid: 0x015f, 0x000a function: 6\
    > (network)
    > cardmgr[479]: executing: 'modprobe airo_cs'
    > cardmgr[479]: get dev info on socket 0 failed:\
    > Resource temporarily unavailable
    >
    > dmesg:
    > cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
    > airo: Doing fast bap_reads
    > airo: BAP setup error too many retries
    > airo: MAC could not be enabled
    > airo_cs: RequestConfiguration: Operation succeeded
    >

    > Any help here is greatly appreciated
    > TIA -- Steve
    >
    > --

    I got the same problem still unresolved, I will be interested to see if
    anyone can solve this.
    Where did you get the firmware from? According to Cisco site, the firmware
    for the 350 PCMCIA card does not support Linux only Windows.

  4. Re: PCMCIA 2.4.25 airo_cs

    > I got the same problem still unresolved, I will be interested to see if
    > anyone can solve this.
    > Where did you get the firmware from? According to Cisco site, the firmware
    > for the 350 PCMCIA card does not support Linux only Windows.

    According to what I have read you need the approved firmware for the card to
    be recognized under Linux. The firmware version is: 4.25.30 -- according to
    Cisco. You can find it by using their WIZard at:

    http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Softwar.../wlplanner.cgi

    I am still haveing no luck getting this to work . . . As this is not a
    Cardbus card, I am now wondering if all things are compiled properly. I
    would assume if ISA support or other things were missing, the card wouldn't
    be recognized at all. . .

    --sjk

    --

  5. Re: PCMCIA 2.4.25 airo_cs

    stevek wrote:

    >> I got the same problem still unresolved, I will be interested to see if
    >> anyone can solve this.
    >> Where did you get the firmware from? According to Cisco site, the firmware
    >> for the 350 PCMCIA card does not support Linux only Windows.
    >>

    > According to what I have read you need the approved firmware for the card to
    > be recognized under Linux. The firmware version is: 4.25.30 -- according to
    > Cisco. You can find it by using their WIZard at:

    > http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Softwar.../wlplanner.cgi

    > I am still haveing no luck getting this to work . . . As this is not a
    > Cardbus card, I am now wondering if all things are compiled properly. I
    > would assume if ISA support or other things were missing, the card wouldn't
    > be recognized at all. . .

    Just contact the maintainer, Ben Reed. Everything is compiled properly.

    -- Dave

+ Reply to Thread