centrino and kernel 2.4.25 - Portable

This is a discussion on centrino and kernel 2.4.25 - Portable ; I have been using my acer travelmate 291 with kernel 2.4.22-ac4 for a while. this kernel supports pentium-m speedstep. Alan Cox is not providing ac patches for 2.4.X anymore, where can i find, if avaible, a set of patches for ...

  1. centrino and kernel 2.4.25

    I have been using my acer travelmate 291 with kernel 2.4.22-ac4 for a
    while. this kernel supports pentium-m speedstep. Alan Cox is not
    providing ac patches for 2.4.X anymore, where can i find, if avaible, a
    set of patches for kernel 2.4.25?

    another question: i have found that using the i830 module and the
    corresponding xfree module i cannot switch to a console, if i do, xfree
    quits and restarts. actually im using framebuffer and xfree fbdev and it
    works, but i miss opengl acceleration. can you help me?

  2. Re: centrino and kernel 2.4.25

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:36:00 +0000, Davide Corrado penned:

    > I have been using my acer travelmate 291 with kernel 2.4.22-ac4 for a
    > while. this kernel supports pentium-m speedstep. Alan Cox is not
    > providing ac patches for 2.4.X anymore, where can i find, if avaible, a
    > set of patches for kernel 2.4.25?

    AFAIK the reason for using ACs kernel patches was primarily for the
    PNPBIOS module. I have not been able to find any AC patches for 2.4.25,
    and I don't think any are available.

    I'm not sure that an Acer requires the PNPBIOS module, however if you need
    it the pcmcia-cs provides a pnp module. Do a search on this list or
    google for pnp.o and pcmcia and see what comes up.

    Cheers.
    --
    Tony

    Experience is directly proportional to the cost of the equipment ruined.

  3. Re: centrino and kernel 2.4.25

    >AFAIK the reason for using ACs kernel patches was primarily for the
    >PNPBIOS module. I have not been able to find any AC patches for 2.4.25,
    >and I don't think any are available.
    >
    >I'm not sure that an Acer requires the PNPBIOS module, however if you need
    >it the pcmcia-cs provides a pnp module. Do a search on this list or
    >google for pnp.o and pcmcia and see what comes up.
    >
    >Cheers.

    what i need is pentium-m support. among other things, the ac patches
    included pentium-m support

  4. Re: centrino and kernel 2.4.25

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:11:13 +0000, Davide Corrado penned:

    >>AFAIK the reason for using ACs kernel patches was primarily for the
    >>PNPBIOS module. I have not been able to find any AC patches for 2.4.25,
    >>and I don't think any are available.
    >>
    >>I'm not sure that an Acer requires the PNPBIOS module, however if you need
    >>it the pcmcia-cs provides a pnp module. Do a search on this list or
    >>google for pnp.o and pcmcia and see what comes up.
    >>
    >>Cheers.
    >>

    > what i need is pentium-m support. among other things, the ac patches
    > included pentium-m support

    Ah, I was TP centric there. Sorry. I do remember searching for AC
    patches but couldn't find any.

    Luck.
    --
    Tony

    Experience is directly proportional to the cost of the equipment ruined.

  5. Re: centrino and kernel 2.4.25

    On 2004-03-02, Davide Corrado wrote:
    > Alan Cox is not
    > providing ac patches for 2.4.X anymore, where can i find, if avaible, a
    > set of patches for kernel 2.4.25?

    These patches have been taken up in the "-pac" series, although I don't
    know (1) whether the parts you want are there, or (2) whether this series
    performs well.

    ftp://ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/ke...ro/2.4/2.4.25/
    ^^ substitute your country here

    --
    Paul Kimoto
    This message was originally posted on Usenet in plain text. Any images,

  6. Re: centrino and kernel 2.4.25

    >These patches have been taken up in the "-pac" series, although I don't
    >know (1) whether the parts you want are there, or (2) whether this series
    >performs well.

    i heard that but i guess the centrino patch is not there, you cannot
    choose pentium-m as cpu.
    i will give the -pac series a try anyway

  7. Re: centrino and kernel 2.4.25

    > i heard that but i guess the centrino patch is not there, you cannot
    > choose pentium-m as cpu.
    > i will give the -pac series a try anyway

    ok it works. you have to choose pentium 4 instead of pentium m but
    cpufreq works

+ Reply to Thread