SuSE 9 Pro - Portable

This is a discussion on SuSE 9 Pro - Portable ; Gee! Sure am glad I bot the boxed set for $70 and got all this spiffy installation support! And it only took them three days to say "No". The real question is, if I paid for more of this kind ...

  1. SuSE 9 Pro

    Gee! Sure am glad I bot the boxed set for $70 and got all this spiffy
    installation support! And it only took them three days to say "No".

    The real question is, if I paid for more of this kind of support, would they
    just say "no" for more money?

    FreeBSD here I come.....

    ------
    Dear Mr Collins,

    Many thanks for your enquiry to SUSE LINUX installation support.
    You wrote:

    > I am using SuSE 9 Pro on a Toshiba 8100 laptop. I can't seem to get the
    > Xircom RealPort adapter working. I know it is a good card, as it works

    under > windoze.

    Sir, unfortunately our free installation support does not cover PCMCIA
    devices or Network adapter issues.

    Regarding the terms of our free support, please read the enclosed
    information brochure "Support from SUSE LINUX", which is also available
    online at:

    http://www.suse.de/en/support/inst_support/index.html

    In addition, we offer a charged support service, the Advanced Support,
    that can handle a lot of topics which go beyond the scope of our free
    support.

    You can find more information on this service at

    http://www.suse.de/en/private/suppor.../advanced.html

    A detailed list of topics handled by free or advanced support can be found
    at http://www.suse.de/en/private/suppor..._overview.html

    HINT:
    You may be able to find some usefull information that may help you solve
    your issue on the following websites:

    http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/
    http://www.tldp.org/
    http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/index.html

    as for which brands work on our Operating system, you can check our hardware
    support database:

    http://cdb.suse.de

    --
    Best Regards,

    Your SuSE Support-Team
    Sebastian Rango
    --
    Phone: +44 845 025 0010
    +1-510-628-3385

    --
    --------------------
    Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter

  2. Re: SuSE 9 Pro

    Brian M. Collins wrote:
    > Gee! Sure am glad I bot the boxed set for $70 and got all this spiffy
    > installation support! And it only took them three days to say "No".
    >
    > The real question is, if I paid for more of this kind of support, would they
    > just say "no" for more money?
    >
    > FreeBSD here I come.....

    I had the same thing happen with SuSE 9 and a wifi card. Cruise on over
    to alt.os.linux.suse to get SuSE-specific help.

+ Reply to Thread