IBM X31 and Linux - Portable

This is a discussion on IBM X31 and Linux - Portable ; Hi NG, I'm*considering*to purchase*an*IBM X31 notebook*and*I*want to install Linux on it (SUSE 9.0 or/and Debian).*Has anyone had any experience with installing und running Linux on this machine without using docking station or compiling the kernel? Just by booting from an ...

  1. IBM X31 and Linux

    Hi NG,

    I'm*considering*to purchase*an*IBM X31 notebook*and*I*want to install Linux
    on it (SUSE 9.0 or/and Debian).*Has anyone had any experience with
    installing und running Linux on this machine without using docking station
    or compiling the kernel? Just by booting from an external DVD/CD-ROM
    (USB2.0-connected) und installing Linux like on a desktop?

    Any advice appreciated.

    Thanks!

    S.B.

  2. Re: IBM X31 and Linux