Re: linux freeze when loading PCMCIA - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: linux freeze when loading PCMCIA - Portable ; Hello, On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:22:12 +0100 Sten Hanke wrote: > i need urgent help and i'm not so common with linux but really want to > solve the problem. I installed linux suse 8.1 on my notebook Toshiba ...

  1. Re: linux freeze when loading PCMCIA

    Sten Hanke wrote:

    > i need urgent help and i'm not so common with linux but really want to
    > solve the problem. I installed linux suse 8.1 on my notebook Toshiba
    > Satellite 2065CDS. when booting the kernel linux freeze when loading
    > pcmcia. the booting works when i boot with NOPCMCIA=yes. but this
    > could not be the solution because i need my pcmcia LAN card.

    What kind of PCMCIA controller does your notebook have? Mine has the "O2
    Micro, Inc. OZ6933 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)". You can find this out
    with lspci. I had a similar problem with a Satellite 1110. The computer
    hang when it tried to initialise the PCMCIA controller. I have fixed it
    with a kernel patch for kernel 2.4.* which I can send you on request.
    For kernel 2.6.* no patch is required anymore.

    Regards,

    Markus

    --
    Visit my homepage: http://home.arcor.de/markusheinz/

  2. Re: linux freeze when loading PCMCIA

    having the same problem using debian

    installs fine on install, cant use ethernet card so I have to use all
    7 cd's to install
    things go great until I reboto then I get kernel panic when pcmcia is
    being loaded

    the laptop is only 64mb with 233mhz so I havent got the horsepower for
    say suse or fedore

    really hoping someone can help figure it out and help us

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:48:26 +0100, Markus Heinz
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:22:12 +0100
    >Sten Hanke wrote:
    >
    >> i need urgent help and i'm not so common with linux but really want to
    >> solve the problem. I installed linux suse 8.1 on my notebook Toshiba
    >> Satellite 2065CDS. when booting the kernel linux freeze when loading
    >> pcmcia. the booting works when i boot with NOPCMCIA=yes. but this
    >> could not be the solution because i need my pcmcia LAN card.

    >What kind of PCMCIA controller does your notebook have? Mine has the "O2
    >Micro, Inc. OZ6933 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)". You can find this out
    >with lspci. I had a similar problem with a Satellite 1110. The computer
    >hang when it tried to initialise the PCMCIA controller. I have fixed it
    >with a kernel patch for kernel 2.4.* which I can send you on request.
    >For kernel 2.6.* no patch is required anymore.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Markus

+ Reply to Thread