ATI (Mobility) Radeon 9600 Pro and XFree86 ja Linux (?) - Portable

This is a discussion on ATI (Mobility) Radeon 9600 Pro and XFree86 ja Linux (?) - Portable ; Hi, I'm planning to get HP Compaq nc8000 laptop and it has ATI (Mobility) Radeon 9600 Pro graphics chip. Does anyone have experience with that card under Linux (Example Feroda Core 1, since I'm going to use Fedora Core)? Fedora ...

  1. ATI (Mobility) Radeon 9600 Pro and XFree86 ja Linux (?)

    Hi,

    I'm planning to get HP Compaq nc8000 laptop and it has ATI (Mobility) Radeon
    9600 Pro graphics chip. Does anyone have experience with that card under
    Linux (Example Feroda Core 1, since I'm going to use Fedora Core)?

    Fedora Core 1 is shipped with XFree86 4.3.0-42, which seems to have
    backported Radeon 9600 and 9600 Pro drivers support from upcoming release of
    XFree86 4.4.0.

    Or have you tested ATI's own Linux 9600 drivers?

    Thanks!

    Tero

  2. Re: ATI (Mobility) Radeon 9600 Pro and XFree86 ja Linux (?)

    Tero Hiekkalinna wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm planning to get HP Compaq nc8000 laptop and it has ATI (Mobility) Radeon
    > 9600 Pro graphics chip. Does anyone have experience with that card under
    > Linux (Example Feroda Core 1, since I'm going to use Fedora Core)?
    >
    > Fedora Core 1 is shipped with XFree86 4.3.0-42, which seems to have
    > backported Radeon 9600 and 9600 Pro drivers support from upcoming release of
    > XFree86 4.4.0.
    >
    > Or have you tested ATI's own Linux 9600 drivers?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tero

    I have the same chipset on my laptop running Fedora kernel 2.6. edge>.

    Download the drivers from ATI, they work great for me.
    (glxgears >= 2600fps)

    Jim

  3. Re: ATI (Mobility) Radeon 9600 Pro and XFree86 ja Linux (?)

    Could you post or send your XF86Config-4.

    My machine is a NW8000 but should be using the same setup for graphics.

    My mouse behaves weirdly. So a copy of a configuration file would probably
    help me a lot !

    Regards
    Lasse

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:19:29 -0400, Jim Chisholm wrote:

    > Tero Hiekkalinna wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm planning to get HP Compaq nc8000 laptop and it has ATI (Mobility) Radeon
    >> 9600 Pro graphics chip. Does anyone have experience with that card under
    >> Linux (Example Feroda Core 1, since I'm going to use Fedora Core)?
    >>
    >> Fedora Core 1 is shipped with XFree86 4.3.0-42, which seems to have
    >> backported Radeon 9600 and 9600 Pro drivers support from upcoming release of
    >> XFree86 4.4.0.
    >>
    >> Or have you tested ATI's own Linux 9600 drivers?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Tero
    >>

    > I have the same chipset on my laptop running Fedora kernel 2.6. > edge>.
    >
    > Download the drivers from ATI, they work great for me.
    > (glxgears >= 2600fps)
    >
    > Jim

+ Reply to Thread