Framebuffer problem - Portable

This is a discussion on Framebuffer problem - Portable ; I've installed slackware 9.1 Everything boots fine...I get the little tux. PROBLEM: The console display is messed up. The text displays fine, but the last 10 lines or so are off the screen. Any help? Thanks... -- If I'm a ...

  1. Framebuffer problem

    --

    If I'm a twinkie, then what are you?

  2. Re: Framebuffer problem

    Ray wrote:

    > I've installed slackware 9.1
    >
    > Everything boots fine...I get the little tux.
    >
    > PROBLEM:
    >
    > The console display is messed up. The text
    > displays fine, but the last 10 lines or so are
    > off the screen.

    Sounds like your actual monitor's resolution is different from what you've
    selected in lilo.

    Modern CRT's should be able to sort this out, but if you're running an LCD
    display, it will only work correctly at its native resolution (whatever that
    might be).

    Have you selected 800x600 for a 1024x768 device (or vice versa)?

    --
    Pete
    christy@NOattglobalSPAM.net

  3. Re: Framebuffer problem

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 05:53:19 +0100, Ray wrote:

    > The console display is messed up. The text displays fine, but the last
    > 10 lines or so are off the screen.

    This sometimes happens with the first console, try to switch to another
    console e.g. +. On the messed up console the `reset' command
    should help.

    Werner

    --
    |=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
    |=| T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86
    |*| This is no time for phony rhetoric -- Lou Reed

+ Reply to Thread