Dell D600 & Slackware 9.1 - Portable

This is a discussion on Dell D600 & Slackware 9.1 - Portable ; Hey there I am a total newbie to linux and I have a quick question. On my Dell laptop D600 I have tried to install Slackware 9.1 If I boot on a CD and wants to edit a file on ...

  1. Dell D600 & Slackware 9.1

    Hey there

    I am a total newbie to linux and I have a quick question.
    On my Dell laptop D600 I have tried to install Slackware 9.1

    If I boot on a CD and wants to edit a file on hda6 how
    do I [CD] to hda6 to edit the file in etc/rc.d ?

    I can mount the device (hda6) but I somehow cant access the files on it
    !!??!

    Can anyone please help me ?

    /Carsten Lausen

  2. Re: Dell D600 & Slackware 9.1

    "Carsten Lausen" wrote in message
    news:3ff7284d$0$29358$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.d k...
    > Hey there
    >
    > I am a total newbie to linux and I have a quick question.
    > On my Dell laptop D600 I have tried to install Slackware 9.1
    >
    > If I boot on a CD and wants to edit a file on hda6 how
    > do I [CD] to hda6 to edit the file in etc/rc.d ?
    >
    > I can mount the device (hda6) but I somehow cant access the files on it
    > !!??!
    >
    > Can anyone please help me ?
    >
    > /Carsten Lausen

    I think I've found a solution .... happy new year to every one ...

    /Lausen

+ Reply to Thread