DFE-650 TX with Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDT - Portable

This is a discussion on DFE-650 TX with Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDT - Portable ; Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 420 CDT, and am trying to get a Dlink 650 TX nic working. The flavor of linux is RH 7.0. I keep getting the following message from the system eth0: interrupt from stopped ...

  1. DFE-650 TX with Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDT

    Hi,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 420 CDT, and am trying to get a Dlink
    650 TX nic working. The flavor of linux is RH 7.0.

    I keep getting the following message from the system
    eth0: interrupt from stopped card

    I have checked the network file in /etc/pcmcia, and it seems to fine.
    The output from ifconfig reveals that the card transmits packets, but
    does not receive a single one. Instead it has tons of errors reported
    under the RX Packets section of the ifconfig output.

    I downloaded the latest pcmcia drivers and compiled and installed them
    with no luck. The output from cardctl config shows that it uses irq 3.
    Output from /var/log/messages says that the card is recognized as a
    NE2000 compatible card. The apropriate modules load, and lsmod shows
    that the following modules are in use
    pcmcia_core
    i82365
    ds
    serial_cs
    pcnet_cs
    8390

    Am going nuts trying to get the network to work. Any help will be
    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    JS

  2. Re: DFE-650 TX with Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDT

    JS wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 420 CDT, and am trying to get a Dlink
    > 650 TX nic working. The flavor of linux is RH 7.0.

    I suppose that you know that RH 7.0 is terribly out of date.

    > I keep getting the following message from the system
    > eth0: interrupt from stopped card

    Is this the only error message you see for eth0 in your system log?
    It is a somewhat unusual one and I don't think it is connected to your
    main problem.

    > I have checked the network file in /etc/pcmcia, and it seems to fine.
    > The output from ifconfig reveals that the card transmits packets, but
    > does not receive a single one. Instead it has tons of errors reported
    > under the RX Packets section of the ifconfig output.

    Can you show all your PCMCIA related system log messages?

    Are you sure that your network cable, etc are good?

    -- Dave

+ Reply to Thread