I've been trying to read the current drawn from the battery (the
present rate field in the acpi battery state) by doing:
cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state

I've observed that this information is refreshed about every 1 min (I
do this by repeatedly running the cat command till I observe a change
in the present rate information - rather crude). Is there a way to
control how frequently the battery state is written to
/proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state? There seems to be no configuration file
in /etc/acpi that deals with this. Surprisingly, the klaptop utility
has an option to vary the refresh rate down to 1 s.

Thanks
-Sam