Linux on Notebook Hummer Advance2660 XL - NEWBIE - Portable

This is a discussion on Linux on Notebook Hummer Advance2660 XL - NEWBIE - Portable ; hi! next week there will be offered the following notebook: Weihnachts - Notebook Hummer Advance 2660 XL AMD Athlon®Mobile XP 2600+ Multinorm DVD±R/±RW Brenner Schreiben: 4x DVD-R, 2x DVD+RW, 2x DVD-R, 2x DVD-RW, 16x CD-R, 10x CD-RW, Lesen: 8x DVD-ROM, ...

  1. Linux on Notebook Hummer Advance2660 XL - NEWBIE

    hi!

    next week there will be offered the following notebook:

    Weihnachts - Notebook Hummer Advance
    2660 XL

    AMD Athlon®Mobile XP 2600+

    Multinorm DVD±R/±RW Brenner
    Schreiben: 4x DVD-R, 2x
    DVD+RW, 2x DVD-R, 2x
    DVD-RW, 16x CD-R, 10x
    CD-RW,
    Lesen: 8x DVD-ROM, 24x
    CD-ROM
    60-GB-Festplatte
    15,1'' TFT-SXGA+, Max.
    Auflösung 1400 x 1050
    Grafikkarte ATI Mobility Radeon
    9600 mit 128 MB DDR-RAM
    CardReader 3 in 1 SD-, MS- und
    MMC-Card
    512 MB DDR-RAM

    for 1349 euros and I am thinking about buying it.
    My problem is that I want/have to install linux and I dont know whether
    it
    will run.
    I already had a look at different linux/laptot websites but could not
    find any solution.
    ps: the graphics card appears in the list of supportet hardware at the
    SuSE 9.0 webpage
    but isn't mentioned in the hardware support data (???) what should I
    think about this?

    Does anyone have any experience with this notebook and linux?
    thanks

    meggi

    --
    mailto:webmaster@huebschernet.de

  2. Re: Linux on Notebook Hummer Advance 2660 XL - NEWBIE

    M.Huebscher wrote:

    > the graphics card appears in the list of supportet hardware at the
    > SuSE 9.0 webpage
    > but isn't mentioned in the hardware support data (???) what should I
    > think about this?

    How about contacting the graphic card vendor/manufacturer and asking them?

+ Reply to Thread