Lockup on reboot - SUSE 9 on ThinkPad R31 - Portable

This is a discussion on Lockup on reboot - SUSE 9 on ThinkPad R31 - Portable ; Since installing SUSE 9 on my ThinkPad R31, I've notice that the computer will lock up after rebooting SUSE, when going into Linux or XP. If halt, with power down, and then start the computer again, the lockup doesn't occur. ...

  1. Lockup on reboot - SUSE 9 on ThinkPad R31

    Since installing SUSE 9 on my ThinkPad R31, I've notice that the computer
    will lock up after rebooting SUSE, when going into Linux or XP. If halt,
    with power down, and then start the computer again, the lockup doesn't
    occur.

    Any ideas or suggestions?

    tnx jk

    --

    Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

    james.knott.

  2. Re: Lockup on reboot - SUSE 9 on ThinkPad R31

    Perhaps James it's sensitive to being asked to work with an inferior OS
    after having become used to the Rolls Royce of the OS world :-)

    Claire

    James Knott wrote:

    > Since installing SUSE 9 on my ThinkPad R31, I've notice that the computer
    > will lock up after rebooting SUSE, when going into Linux or XP. If halt,
    > with power down, and then start the computer again, the lockup doesn't
    > occur.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions?
    >
    > tnx jk

+ Reply to Thread