Wireless card IBM thinkpad A31p on Suse 9.0 - Portable

This is a discussion on Wireless card IBM thinkpad A31p on Suse 9.0 - Portable ; the thinkpad A31p has an internal wireless network card (Actiontec Electronics Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset). Linux recognizes it, but wireless does not work. Actiontec says the build the card for IBM, but do not provide support to OEM products. So ...

  1. Wireless card IBM thinkpad A31p on Suse 9.0

    the thinkpad A31p has an internal wireless network card (Actiontec
    Electronics Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset). Linux recognizes it, but
    wireless does not work. Actiontec says the build the card for IBM, but
    do not provide support to OEM products. So i'm on my own on this one.

    Anybody know how get wireless working on the A31p?

  2. Re: Wireless card IBM thinkpad A31p on Suse 9.0

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:34:08 -0800, Carlos typed:

    http://www.linux-wlan.com/

    --
    SCO + RICO Act = Justice

    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

  3. Re: Wireless card IBM thinkpad A31p on Suse 9.0

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:34:08 -0800, Carlos wrote:

    > the thinkpad A31p has an internal wireless network card (Actiontec
    > Electronics Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset). Linux recognizes it, but
    > wireless does not work. Actiontec says the build the card for IBM, but
    > do not provide support to OEM products. So i'm on my own on this one.
    >
    > Anybody know how get wireless working on the A31p?

    Try the hostap drivers. I used them with an Actiontec PCI card under MDK
    9.1 for about 12 months untill recently. They work very well and are
    relatively easy to install.

    http://hostap.epitest.fi/

    --
    Entwisi

  4. Re: Wireless card IBM thinkpad A31p on Suse 9.0

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:49:32 +0000, entwisi wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:34:08 -0800, Carlos wrote:
    >
    >> the thinkpad A31p has an internal wireless network card (Actiontec
    >> Electronics Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset). Linux recognizes it, but
    >> wireless does not work. Actiontec says the build the card for IBM, but
    >> do not provide support to OEM products. So i'm on my own on this one.
    >>
    >> Anybody know how get wireless working on the A31p?

    > Try the hostap drivers. I used them with an Actiontec PCI card under MDK
    > 9.1 for about 12 months untill recently. They work very well and are
    > relatively easy to install.
    >
    > http://hostap.epitest.fi/

    As an alternative, I myself use the linux-wlan drivers for the A31
    hardware, and have had little trouble configuring and installing them.
    Please see http://www.linux-wlan.org/

    Good luck.

    - Andy

+ Reply to Thread