Hi all,

I'm wondering for several test-releases now, that apm seems not to be
working properly anymore for me.
my machine:
DELL Inspiron 4000
BIOS A23

When i try to suspend to memory, the screen gets scrambled (looks like
a funny-color-shifted low-res dump from the vga-memory) and stays like
that for a minute or so, then the machine resumes like nothing happened.

only a line in the log, which is from the harddisk, shows that the
machine tried to go to bed.

Nov 21 12:06:45 [kernel] hda: Wakeup request inited, waiting for !BSY...

I had apm running quite fine with 2.4.21 and made the same apm settings
in the new kernel:

#
# Power management options (ACPI, APM)
#
CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_PM_DISK is not set

#
# ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
#
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set

#
# APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
#
CONFIG_APM=y
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y