Dell laptop w/ SuSE & external monitor - Portable

This is a discussion on Dell laptop w/ SuSE & external monitor - Portable ; Hi, I have a Dell Latitude CPiA 366 with W95, W2000 & SuSE 5.2 installed. All work fine when used as a laptop, and the W95 & W2000 work O.K. when connected to a docking station and an external monitor. ...

  1. Dell laptop w/ SuSE & external monitor

    Hi,

    I have a Dell Latitude CPiA 366 with W95, W2000 & SuSE 5.2 installed.
    All work fine when used as a laptop, and the W95 & W2000 work O.K.
    when connected to a docking station and an external monitor.
    However, I am unable to reconfigure SuSE to work properly with the
    docking station/monitor configuration.

    If I boot to runlevel 1 with the docking station I see the text &
    colors
    O.K. & if I run XG86Setup the graphics & color appear great, but when
    finish up the proceedure the screen goes black & I can see the
    following error:
    "X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: errno = 111". I have tried various
    settings for the
    monitor all with the same results.

    The Dell has a NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV (NM2200) & the monitor is
    a Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX (W2000 setup for 1024x768@60Hz 24bpp)

    Is there any special driver or XF86Config that I need to get this
    working properly??

    Regards,

    Rich

  2. Re: Dell laptop w/ SuSE & external monitor

    richpoormix@mixmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dell Latitude CPiA 366 with W95, W2000 & SuSE 5.2 installed.
    > All work fine when used as a laptop, and the W95 & W2000 work O.K.
    > when connected to a docking station and an external monitor.
    > However, I am unable to reconfigure SuSE to work properly with the
    > docking station/monitor configuration.
    >
    > If I boot to runlevel 1 with the docking station I see the text &
    > colors
    > O.K. & if I run XG86Setup the graphics & color appear great, but when
    > finish up the proceedure the screen goes black & I can see the
    > following error:
    > "X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: errno = 111". I have tried various
    > settings for the
    > monitor all with the same results.
    >
    > The Dell has a NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV (NM2200) & the monitor is
    > a Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX (W2000 setup for 1024x768@60Hz 24bpp)
    >
    > Is there any special driver or XF86Config that I need to get this
    > working properly??
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Rich

    Rich,

    I had the same problem with a Latitude D600 running RedHat 9. I found
    that if I decrease the resolution to 1280x1024, the external monitor
    works fine. I'm not sure what causes the problem, but I can live with
    1280x1024 so I haven't persued it much more. Let me know how you come out.

    Brandon

+ Reply to Thread