Hello, all. A while back I upgraded my old RH 7.1 computer to RH 9.0 with
no problems. It retained the old line printer daemon (lpd) that continues
to provide for hardcopy from tcp/ip networked printers at the office. I
would prefer to use the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS) but when I try
to install the CUPS-1.1.17-13.3 rpm my computer (Panasonic CF-27
toughbook) comes crashing to a halt. I've never seen this behavior during
an install. This result is obtained whether I use the RH 9.0 install CDs
or download the rpm from a RH mirror site. Any comment as to how to get
CUPS properly installed would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: wood@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337