Kernel PCMCIA or David Hinds PCMCIA - Portable

This is a discussion on Kernel PCMCIA or David Hinds PCMCIA - Portable ; I've dug out an old DELL 3500 Inspiron laptop. I've got a Psion Netglobal 56k & 10/100 nic combo card, I'm trying to get to work with the 2.4.22 linux kernel (Debian). I've compilled the kernel with hotplug enabled and ...

  1. Kernel PCMCIA or David Hinds PCMCIA

    I've dug out an old DELL 3500 Inspiron laptop. I've got a Psion
    Netglobal 56k & 10/100 nic combo card, I'm trying to get to work with
    the 2.4.22 linux kernel (Debian). I've compilled the kernel with
    hotplug enabled and I've compilled the epic100 nic module as stated
    Davids README2.4

    > 3c575_cb 3c59x 3c59x/3c90x/3x575 series CONFIG_VORTEX
    > tulip_cb tulip DECchip Tulip (dc21x4x) CONFIG_TULIP
    > epic_cb epic100 SMC EtherPower II CONFIG_EPIC100
    > serial_cb serial Standard/generic serial CONFIG_SERIAL
    > apa1480_cb aic7xxx Adaptec AIC7xxx SCSI CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX

    I've loaded the PCMCIA modules;
    pcmcia_core, yenta_socket, ds, all OK.
    When I insert the card hotplug adds the epic100 module but it is not
    associated with the PCMCIA ds module, my network does not start.

    Does the epic100 driver still support cardbus cards, have I missed a
    step in the config ?

    Any help appreciated.

  2. Re: Kernel PCMCIA or David Hinds PCMCIA

    Derm wrote:

    > When I insert the card hotplug adds the epic100 module but it is not
    > associated with the PCMCIA ds module, my network does not start.

    What do you mean by "not associated with the PCMCIA ds module"?

    Hotplug drivers like epic100 would certainly have no interaction with
    the ds module and cardmgr. They interact with the hotplug subsystem.

    -- Dave

+ Reply to Thread