redhat 8 & 9 - Portable

This is a discussion on redhat 8 & 9 - Portable ; I installed rh 8 and 9 on my hp laptop and my compaq armada both distros and machines have the same prob, I loose my mouse pointer or rather it goes invis when the system goes to screensaver for more ...

  1. redhat 8 & 9

    I installed rh 8 and 9 on my hp laptop and my compaq armada both distros and
    machines have the same prob, I loose my mouse pointer or rather it goes
    invis when the system goes to screensaver for more than a few min.

    I tried a few settings but no luck.

  2. Re: redhat 8 & 9

    steve wrote:
    > I installed rh 8 and 9 on my hp laptop and my compaq armada both distros and
    > machines have the same prob, I loose my mouse pointer or rather it goes
    > invis when the system goes to screensaver for more than a few min.
    >
    > I tried a few settings but no luck.

    I don't remember if it was in RH8 or a beta, but at one point I remember
    having mouse problems and discovered it was linked to gpm, which enables
    mouse support in console applications. I've never used a mouse without
    being in X, so I just disabled it and fixed my problems. try doing
    running "/etc/init.d/gpm stop" and see if that fixes it. If so, run
    "/sbin/chkconfig gpm off" to prevent it form starting up.

+ Reply to Thread