Install fireware on Linux Suse 8.2 - Portable

This is a discussion on Install fireware on Linux Suse 8.2 - Portable ; Dear Experts, I have installed Linux Suse 8.2 personal Edition and it is running pretty well. I just inserted a new firewire card into the machine. Linux does not seem to be finding it at all. How do I configure ...

  1. Install fireware on Linux Suse 8.2

    Dear Experts,

    I have installed Linux Suse 8.2 personal Edition
    and it is running pretty well.

    I just inserted a new firewire card into the machine.
    Linux does not seem to be finding it at all.

    How do I configure Linux to work with the firewire card?
    With Yast? I'm sure that I will need some drivers.
    Where do I find those?

    Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: Install fireware on Linux Suse 8.2

    linuxquestion@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Dear Experts,
    >
    > I have installed Linux Suse 8.2 personal Edition
    > and it is running pretty well.
    >
    > I just inserted a new firewire card into the machine.
    > Linux does not seem to be finding it at all.
    >

    > How do I configure Linux to work with the firewire card?
    > With Yast? I'm sure that I will need some drivers.
    > Where do I find those?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    Even though you're in the wrong newsgroup, try this;
    http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr...=Google+Search
    --
    robert - redhat 9.0 & Slack 9.1

  3. Re: Install fireware on Linux Suse 8.2

    It seemed to work fine all by itself.

    I connected the firewire hard drive. Then, I booted.
    YAST could see the drive.

    I made a directory and mounted to it.

    mkdir /firewire1
    mount ... /firewire ...

    Good luck.

    linuxquestion@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<672ceaed.0311011308.65f46f1d@posting.google.com>...
    > Dear Experts,
    >
    > I have installed Linux Suse 8.2 personal Edition
    > and it is running pretty well.
    >
    > I just inserted a new firewire card into the machine.
    > Linux does not seem to be finding it at all.
    >

    > How do I configure Linux to work with the firewire card?
    > With Yast? I'm sure that I will need some drivers.
    > Where do I find those?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread