I am getting ready to buy a new laptop. I am going to get something that
costs less than $1400 or Euros since I live in Austria. I have been using
linux almost exclusively for about 5 years. On my desktop machine I have
an nvidia GeForce 4 graphiccard. I am currently running Slackware 9.0 and
using the manufacturers graphics driver. I am pleased with its
performance. I would just get a laptop with the same chipset, but the
selection seems somewhat limited. I am running some 3D games using winex
and getting good performance. I would like to do the same on the new
laptop.

Thanks,

Tom Corner