How to not do acpi resume-from-disk after a normal reboot - Portable

This is a discussion on How to not do acpi resume-from-disk after a normal reboot - Portable ; Hi: I've set up kernel 2.6.0-test9 on my SuSE 8.2 toshiba tecra and gotten suspend-to-swaparea (echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep) working. The problem I have now is that if I do a normal reboot and leave the resume=/dev/hda6 option on, the ...

  1. How to not do acpi resume-from-disk after a normal reboot

    Hi:

    I've set up kernel 2.6.0-test9 on my SuSE 8.2 toshiba tecra and gotten
    suspend-to-swaparea (echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep) working.

    The problem I have now is that if I do a normal reboot and leave the
    resume=/dev/hda6 option on, the box tries to resume (and of course
    fails) when I really want a reboot.

    I can temporarily turn it off by removing the option, but then I can't
    suspend/resume. When I try later to leave it on for a later boot, it
    again tries to resume.

    Is there some command I am missing to clear the resume image from
    swap?

    Thanks
    John

  2. Re: How to not do acpi resume-from-disk after a normal reboot (Workaround)

    Figured out a work-around to my question. See below.

    google@johnharlow.com (John Harlow) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi:
    >
    > I've set up kernel 2.6.0-test9 on my SuSE 8.2 toshiba tecra and gotten
    > suspend-to-swaparea (echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep) working.
    >
    > The problem I have now is that if I do a normal reboot and leave the
    > resume=/dev/hda6 option on, the box tries to resume (and of course
    > fails) when I really want a reboot.
    >
    > I can temporarily turn it off by removing the option, but then I can't
    > suspend/resume. When I try later to leave it on for a later boot, it
    > again tries to resume.
    >
    > Is there some command I am missing to clear the resume image from
    > swap?

    turns out that doing these commands for /dev/hda6 (my swap partition)
    swapoff -a
    mkswap /dev/hda6
    swapon -a

    solves the problem, so I've added this to the end of my suspend/resume script.

    > Thanks
    > John

+ Reply to Thread