Anyone install drivers for Radeon Mobility 9600 w/ Slackware - Portable

This is a discussion on Anyone install drivers for Radeon Mobility 9600 w/ Slackware - Portable ; The rpm's don't work with Slackware. Not a big surprise. Translating via rpm2tgz solves 1/2 the problem. I get the driver files, but they don't work. After untarring, I get tons of errors when trying to run / reconfigure X. ...

  1. Anyone install drivers for Radeon Mobility 9600 w/ Slackware

    The rpm's don't work with Slackware. Not a big surprise.

    Translating via rpm2tgz solves 1/2 the problem. I get the driver files,
    but they don't work. After untarring, I get tons of errors when trying
    to run / reconfigure X.

    XFree86 -configure

    finds no valid modes and the logfile lists lots of unresolved symbols in
    the fglrx* modules.

    Anyone?

    DT

    --
    Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
    http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html

  2. Got it

    Ok, I had to run the fglrxconfig program. Didn't see any docs, which is
    why I missed that.

    DT

    --
    Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
    http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html

+ Reply to Thread