thinkpad - Portable

This is a discussion on thinkpad - Portable ; Hi All, Anybody every installed Linux on a ThinkPad R32? What was your experience?? Dorf...

  1. thinkpad

    Hi All,

    Anybody every installed Linux on a ThinkPad R32? What was your experience??

    Dorf

  2. Re: thinkpad

    On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:04:58 -0500, Dorf staggered into the Black Sun
    and said:
    > Anybody every installed Linux on a ThinkPad R32? What was your
    > experience??

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Linux%20thinkpad%20R32
    (results 1-10 of about 3,660)

    ....Search The Fine Web if you have a vague question, in other words. If
    you're having a problem with installing Linux on your R32, describe it
    fully, as described on http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .
    Do not forget to include the name and version# of the distro you're
    using and the complete text of any error messages you received when
    trying to install. Finally,
    http://home.connexus.net.au/~port/tpr32linux.html says that a lot of
    stuff works with Redhat 7.3, so even more stuff should work with a
    modern distro. HTH,

    http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

  3. Re: thinkpad

    Dorf wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anybody every installed Linux on a ThinkPad R32? What was your
    > experience??

    I'm currently running Red Hat 7.3 on a ThinkPad R30. It works very well,
    beyond a couple of quirks with XFree86. Everything works, including the
    software modem and wireless. In fact, Linux appears to run better on this
    computer than XP!

    --

    Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

    james.knott.