This is a discussion on Loading Linux on a Dell Axim - Portable ; I was wondering if anyone has tried to load Linux on a pocket pc that has windows on it? I want to change os on my home computer but a pocket pc with a windows os doesnt seem to work ...

    I was wondering if anyone has tried to load Linux on a pocket pc that
    has windows on it? I want to change os on my home computer but a
    pocket pc with a windows os doesnt seem to work with a linux os. Any
    help would be great.

  2. Re: Loading Linux on a Dell Axim

    jii4n@virginia.edu (Jim) writes:

    > I was wondering if anyone has tried to load Linux on a pocket pc that
    > has windows on it?

    Linux works rather well on the iPaq and a few others
    (http://www.handhelds.org), but isn't ready for prime time on the
    Axim:
    http://www.clanbv.org/public/axim.html

    See http://www.google.com/search?q=dell%20axim%20linux for more
    details.

    > I want to change os on my home computer but a pocket pc with a
    > windows os doesnt seem to work with a linux os.

    It's possible to share files and sync calendar, address book,
    etc. between Pocket PC and a Linux computer:
    http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/

    --
    Stephen Cornell cornell@zoo.cam.ac.uk Tel/fax +44-1223-336644
    University of Cambridge, Zoology Department, Downing Street, CAMBRIDGE CB2 3EJ

+ Reply to Thread