APM (or ACPI) on an Acer TravelMate 280 (RH9) - Portable

This is a discussion on APM (or ACPI) on an Acer TravelMate 280 (RH9) - Portable ; In message , Lenard writes > >>>>- Vodafone PCMCIA GPRS modem > > > >> It's basically a PCMCIA modem, so i have to find the drivers for it and >> that's it, no? > There was a thread about ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: PCMCIA on an Acer TravelMate 280 (RH9)

    In message , Lenard
    writes

    >> It's basically a PCMCIA modem, so i have to find the drivers for it and
    >> that's it, no?

    There was a thread about this card in uk.comp.os.linux on the 23rd
    September; Google Groups will find it for you. I think the key to the
    problem was this:
    "Whilst gathering the above information for the intended post to
    linux.kernel, I used the 'cardmgr' command. My Xircom 10/100 ethernet
    modem combo does not require it. However, using it whilst the vodafone
    mobile connect card was in brought it all to life ! It is now attached
    to ttyS1. behaving as a normal Hayes modem."

    --
    Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 27 Garforth Close,
    Cramlington, Northumberland, England, NE23 6EW.

  2. Re: PCMCIA on an Acer TravelMate 280 (RH9)

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:43:05 +0200, Ton Machielsen typed:

    > Lenard wrote:
    >
    >> $ cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state
    >>
    >> $ cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/info

    > Same here, but when i close the lid, nothing happens.

    http://shrike.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=547

    Check your /var/log for the existence of the acpid log file, if you don't
    have one then you need to download/install;

    http://shrike.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=547

    You then need to define any events that you wish to manage in
    /etc/acpi/events a sample.conf is already in the directory to look at.

    Most things should happen auto-magically, like the screen dimming a
    bit/getting brighter when the AC adapter is removed/plugged in. And when
    the lid is closed the screen turns off and when opened the screen turns
    back on.

    You can find some scripts by googling;

    http://www.google.com/linux

    Type in; acpi event scripts

    Like these links;

    http://www.cybersym.com/pages/linux-ze4100.html

    http://swsusp.sourceforge.net/

    --
    SCO + RICO Act = Justice

    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

  3. Re: PCMCIA on an Acer TravelMate 280 (RH9)

    dhinds@sonic.net wrote:
    > Ton Machielsen wrote:
    >

    >>I have this:
    >>Socket 0:
    >> product info: "The Linksys Group, Inc.", "Instant Wireless Network PC
    >>Card", "ISL37300P", "RevA"
    >> manfid: 0x0274, 0x1613
    >> function: 6 (network)

    >>How can i make this card to be recognized?

    > It *was* recognized.

    Apparently the orinoco_cs.o file doesn't get built when i compile and
    make the pcmcia package. Don't know why. I changed the Makefile to let
    it do so. Let's see what happens.

    Ton.

  4. Re: PCMCIA on an Acer TravelMate 280 (RH9)

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:54:02 +0200, Ton Machielsen typed:

    >>>Socket 0:
    >>> product info: "The Linksys Group, Inc.", "Instant Wireless Network
    >>> PC
    >>>Card", "ISL37300P", "RevA"
    >>> manfid: 0x0274, 0x1613

    Try using this;

    http://www.linux-wlan.com/download.html#Download

    --
    SCO + RICO Act = Justice

    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

  5. Re: PCMCIA on an Acer TravelMate 280 (RH9)

    Lenard wrote:

    > Try using this;
    >
    > http://www.linux-wlan.com/download.html#Download

    This one is cool! This one works!!

    PCMCIA and WLAN are working now.
    Thanks for all the help. Let's see if i can get back to work now. I'm
    getting behind because of all this....;-)

    Again, thanks a lot.

    Ton.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2