fan program for toshiba laptops - Portable

This is a discussion on fan program for toshiba laptops - Portable ; There was a site where someone had written a neat program for turning the processor fan on and off manually on a toshiba laptop, Last week I upgrded and I have lost that neat fan program. Does anyone know what ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: fan program for toshiba laptops

  1. fan program for toshiba laptops


    There was a site where someone had written a neat program for turning the
    processor fan on and off manually on a toshiba laptop,

    Last week I upgrded and I have lost that neat fan program.

    Does anyone know what has happened to that site? I seem not to be able to
    load it,

    here is the url but the site does not load:
    http://www.buzzard.org.uk/toshiba/hibernate.html

    Thanks.

  2. Re: fan program for toshiba laptops

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 04:21:30 GMT, SuperDeamon wrote:

    >There was a site where someone had written a neat program for turning the
    >processor fan on and off manually on a toshiba laptop,


    >Last week I upgrded and I have lost that neat fan program.


    >Does anyone know what has happened to that site? I seem not to be able to
    >load it,


    >here is the url but the site does not load:
    >http://www.buzzard.org.uk/toshiba/hibernate.html


    go to google, search for "linux toshiba hibernate". The page is still
    cached:

    http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    The hibernate download link is also to that dead site, but maybe
    the links might be usefull.

  3. Re: fan program for toshiba laptops

    TCS wrote:

    > go to google, search for "linux toshiba hibernate".**The*page*is*still
    > cached:
    >
    > http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache...buzzard.org.uk

    toshiba/hibernate.html+linux+toshiba+hibernate&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    > The hibernate download link is also to that dead site, but maybe
    > the links might be usefull.


    Thanks, unfortunately All the links are dead. I wish I could find someone
    who had the source code (for fan program) laying around somewhere.

    Thanks.

  4. Re: fan program for toshiba laptops

    SuperDeamon wrote:

    > TCS wrote:
    >
    >> go to google, search for "linux toshiba hibernate". The page is still
    >> cached:
    >>
    >> http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache...buzzard.org.uk

    > toshiba/hibernate.html+linux+toshiba+hibernate&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    >> The hibernate download link is also to that dead site, but maybe
    >> the links might be usefull.

    >
    > Thanks, unfortunately All the links are dead. I wish I could find someone
    > who had the source code (for fan program) laying around somewhere.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Here you go...

    http://www.psnw.com/~kyi/toshutils-2.0.1.tar.gz

    Jayson

  5. Re: fan program for toshiba laptops

    Jayson Garrell wrote:

    >> Thanks, unfortunately All the links are dead. I wish I could find someone
    >> who had the source code (for fan program) laying around somewhere.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Here you go...
    >
    > http://www.psnw.com/~kyi/toshutils-2.0.1.tar.gz
    >
    > Jayson


    Oh thanks Very Much Jayson.



  6. Re: fan program for toshiba laptops

    SuperDeamon wrote:

    > Jayson Garrell wrote:
    >
    >>> Thanks, unfortunately All the links are dead. I wish I could find
    >>> someone who had the source code (for fan program) laying around
    >>> somewhere.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Here you go...
    >>
    >> http://www.psnw.com/~kyi/toshutils-2.0.1.tar.gz
    >>
    >> Jayson

    >
    > Oh thanks Very Much Jayson.

    As a heads up that came from the Gentoo protage tree, just the source
    nothing special. Just want to let you know incase you need any other hard
    to find stuff.

    Jayson


+ Reply to Thread