xfree 4 neomagic 2070 - Portable

This is a discussion on xfree 4 neomagic 2070 - Portable ; Newbie question: I know this has been hashed through before, but I just can't seem to find the info anywhere. I'm trying to get X4 running on a Dell Latitude LM with a Neomagic 2070 card. The xserver starts up ...

  1. xfree 4 neomagic 2070

    Newbie question: I know this has been hashed through before, but I just
    can't seem to find the info anywhere.

    I'm trying to get X4 running on a Dell Latitude LM with a Neomagic 2070
    card. The xserver starts up fine but doesn't seem to redraw the screen
    correctly. For example, when I open an xterm, the lines don't redraw when
    the window scrolls, or when I use the Dillo browser, the window doesn't
    redraw when I use the vertical scroll bar on a page.

    Does anyone have experience with X4 on the Neomagic 2070? Or can anyone
    offer me some advice on how to troubleshoot it?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: xfree 4 neomagic 2070

    Figured it out. Not sure exactly what the deal is but I disabled features
    of the XAA acceleration code and that seemed to deal with the problem.
    Basically I added all the "Xaa----" to the screen section of my xconfig
    file...

    More info: http://www.xfree86.org/4.0/chips3.html

    "John Worthington" wrote in message
    > Newbie question: I know this has been hashed through before, but I just
    > can't seem to find the info anywhere.
    >
    > I'm trying to get X4 running on a Dell Latitude LM with a Neomagic 2070
    > card. The xserver starts up fine but doesn't seem to redraw the screen
    > correctly. For example, when I open an xterm, the lines don't redraw when
    > the window scrolls, or when I use the Dillo browser, the window doesn't
    > redraw when I use the vertical scroll bar on a page.
    >
    > Does anyone have experience with X4 on the Neomagic 2070? Or can anyone
    > offer me some advice on how to troubleshoot it?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread