PCMCIA (not PC-card!) WLAN adapter with Linux support needed - Portable

This is a discussion on PCMCIA (not PC-card!) WLAN adapter with Linux support needed - Portable ; (see topic) My aging notebook doesn't have 32Bit Cardbus ~sth...

  1. PCMCIA (not PC-card!) WLAN adapter with Linux support needed

    (see topic)
    My aging notebook doesn't have 32Bit Cardbus

    ~sth

  2. Re: PCMCIA (not PC-card!) WLAN adapter with Linux support needed

    I just stumbled over the "Siemens i-Gate MobilePort 11M PCMCIA-Card".
    It seems to be exactly what I was looking for

  3. Re: PCMCIA (not PC-card!) WLAN adapter with Linux support needed

    "Steffen Hein" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > I just stumbled over the "Siemens i-Gate MobilePort 11M PCMCIA-Card".
    > It seems to be exactly what I was looking for

    If the notebook is really old, check in the specs whether it can do 3.3 V
    on the PCMCIA socket - I-Gate 11M can't do 5 V. If you can physically
    plug it in, it is OK.

    Other than that I used older D-Link DWL-650 (NOT plus!) and Netgear MA401
    with good results.

    Regards
    --

    Stano