vertical blue line trident cyberblade ... - Portable

This is a discussion on vertical blue line trident cyberblade ... - Portable ; Hy all, I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600, with Linux 2.5.70 and FreeBSD 4.8 running in dual boot, both have XFree-4.3.0 up and running, but on both there's a slight display problem for apps that run in fullscreen-mode (like ...

  1. vertical blue line trident cyberblade ...

    Hy all,
    I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600, with Linux 2.5.70 and FreeBSD 4.8
    running in dual boot,
    both have XFree-4.3.0 up and running, but on both there's a slight display
    problem for apps that run
    in fullscreen-mode (like mplayer or xmame.x11 ...)
    I always get a thin blue vertical line (left side) and a green horizontal
    line (bottom). They're like an X-Y
    scal surrounding (on 2 sides only though) the fullscreen app.
    I've read a lot of docs, but couldn't find anything usefull yet ... could
    it have something to do with some specific
    "options" I need to enable/disable for my Trident Cyberblade/i7 ? I find
    it strange that the lines only appear when
    something is run in fullscreen mode, my blackbox displays everything fine
    .... I've even switched to another wm to make sure
    it wasn't my trusty blackbox ... but the result stayed the same.
    If there's a doc, man, faq, manual anything I could read, please let me
    know, I'd like to learn more about this...
    bye,
    Gert
    --
    kNoWlEdGe iS pOwER, sHaRe iT !!

  2. Re: vertical blue line trident cyberblade ...

    > in fullscreen-mode (like mplayer or xmame.x11 ...)
    > I always get a thin blue vertical line (left side) and a green horizontal
    > line (bottom). They're like an X-Y

    I don't know if XMAME uses this feature, but there are known issues with the
    Cyber* chips and YUV overlay, which is what bites mplayer in the ass. With
    mplayer, you can usually (mostly) get it to work by playing with different
    video output options -vo xv, -vo dga, -vo dri or -vo vesa (this works very
    well, but is slow). The only complete fix I found for XMAME is to use the
    SVGALIB version.

+ Reply to Thread