Mandrake on Thinkpad T40 - Portable

This is a discussion on Mandrake on Thinkpad T40 - Portable ; I am thinking of buying an IBM Thinkpad T40 machine and am wondering about it's compatibility with mandrake 9.1, in dual-boot with XP. Does anyone have any experience on this matter? Thanks in advance Miguel...

  1. Mandrake on Thinkpad T40

    I am thinking of buying an IBM Thinkpad T40 machine and am wondering
    about it's compatibility with mandrake 9.1, in dual-boot with XP. Does
    anyone have any experience on this matter?
    Thanks in advance
    Miguel

  2. Re: Mandrake on Thinkpad T40

    Miguel Neto wrote:

    > I am thinking of buying an IBM Thinkpad T40 machine and am wondering
    > about it's compatibility with mandrake 9.1, in dual-boot with XP. Does
    > anyone have any experience on this matter?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Miguel

    i installed mandrake's 9.2rc2 on my T40 (kernel 2.4.22). acpi isn't working,
    otherwise no problems.
    see tuxmobil.com/centrino for installation tips

+ Reply to Thread