Anybody using ECS Desknote A907 or A530+? - Portable

This is a discussion on Anybody using ECS Desknote A907 or A530+? - Portable ; Hi, I am seeking user-experiences about these two models. How do they perform in comparison to centrino based systems? How do they perform with Linux? Are they good for daily work (office, text, interne, mail)? Would you recommend to buy ...

  1. Anybody using ECS Desknote A907 or A530+?

    Hi,

    I am seeking user-experiences about these two models. How do they
    perform in comparison to centrino based systems? How do they perform
    with Linux? Are they good for daily work (office, text, interne,
    mail)?

    Would you recommend to buy either the A530+ or the A907?

    These two notebooks seems to be without a fan, so they are silent; and
    the price is nice.

    TIA
    juh

    Fup2 comp.os.linux.portable

    --
    Das GenerationenProjekt
    Ein halbes Jahrhundert in HYPERTEXT

  2. Re: Anybody using ECS Desknote A907 or A530+?

    I have a 928 and love it. BG

  3. Re: Anybody using ECS Desknote A907 or A530+?

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:39:47 +0200, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am seeking user-experiences about these two models. How do they
    > perform in comparison to centrino based systems? How do they perform
    > with Linux? Are they good for daily work (office, text, interne, mail)?
    >
    > Would you recommend to buy either the A530+ or the A907?
    >
    > These two notebooks seems to be without a fan, so they are silent; and
    > the price is nice.
    >
    > TIA
    > juh
    >
    > Fup2 comp.os.linux.portable

    I have had a A907 for about 6 months, it is a great cheap laptop for
    Windoze; There are problems running Linux though.

    1) Xandros would not install at all
    2) Caldera OpenLinux 3.1 would not install at all

    3) Suse 8.1 Installed; but, could only use frame buffer, modem will not
    work, USB sort of worked.

    4) Suse 8.2 Installed, xwindows worked; but, not 3D , modem will not
    work, USB does not work.

    The problem lies with the ALi 1535 chip set, the company doesn't seem
    support Linux.

    There maybe new drivers available, I haven't looked since May.

    Paul

+ Reply to Thread