Netgear MA 401 Wireless Card - Portable

This is a discussion on Netgear MA 401 Wireless Card - Portable ; Good Afternoon, All, After spending a couple of days looking around and through various woreless HowTos, I have hit a wall. I have a Toshiba Satellite running Redhat 9.0. Everything is working fine except for wireless access. I have a ...

  1. Netgear MA 401 Wireless Card

    Good Afternoon, All,
    After spending a couple of days looking around and through various
    woreless HowTos, I have hit a wall. I have a Toshiba Satellite running
    Redhat 9.0. Everything is working fine except for wireless access.
    I have a Netgear MA 401 card that I have used for a couple of years just
    fine under WinXP. It is IEEE 802.11 compliant. The Netgear website has
    Redhat7.X drivers, but nothing for 8.X or 9.X. When I run neat, I do not
    see any Netgear wireless cards listed. Can anyone point me to any
    documentation covering wireless/RH9/Netgear?
    TIA
    Regards,
    Dale Neidhammer
    dneid@austin.rr.com

  2. Re: Netgear MA 401 Wireless Card

    Dale,
    I use this card with SuSE 8.2. SuSE has a support database article at
    http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/wavelan.html that might give you some
    insight. I have my config file at http://pages.sbcglobal.net/zvan.
    Hopefully, this will give you some insight as to what to do.
    Good luck,
    Zane

    --
    Zane
    Registered Linux User 159730

  3. Re: Netgear MA 401 Wireless Card

    On 2003-09-04, Dale wrote:
    > I have a Toshiba Satellite running
    > Redhat 9.0. Everything is working fine except for wireless access.
    > I have a Netgear MA 401 card that I have used for a couple of years just
    > fine under WinXP. It is IEEE 802.11 compliant. The Netgear website has
    > Redhat7.X drivers, but nothing for 8.X or 9.X. When I run neat, I do not
    > see any Netgear wireless cards listed. Can anyone point me to any
    > documentation covering wireless/RH9/Netgear?

    This is supposed to be a Prism card supported by linux-wlan-ng. Perhaps
    someone else knows whether there are RH9 RPMs.

    http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/

    --
    Paul Kimoto
    This message was originally posted on Usenet in plain text. Any images,

+ Reply to Thread