HELPPP ACPI Compaq Presario 2158 EA , freeze kernel boot - Portable

This is a discussion on HELPPP ACPI Compaq Presario 2158 EA , freeze kernel boot - Portable ; Hello, I want to make ACPI for my compaq presario 2158, but when i enable ACPI in kernel, this is freeze kernel on booting : ACPI: Subsystem revision 20030813 PCI : PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfd87d, last=bus2 PCI ...

  1. HELPPP ACPI Compaq Presario 2158 EA , freeze kernel boot

    Hello,

    I want to make ACPI for my compaq presario 2158, but when i enable ACPI
    in kernel, this is freeze kernel on booting :

    ACPI: Subsystem revision 20030813
    PCI : PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfd87d, last=bus2
    PCI : Using configuration type 1

    And i waiting, 1Hour... 2H.. 3H... nothing.

    When i activate ACPI Debug, kernel stop at this line :

    Executing all Device _STA and_INI methods:....

    And i waiting, 1Hour... 2H.. 3H... nothing.

    I don't understand the problem. Because when i insert boot cdrom of
    gentoo, and i load "acpi" kernel (live linux), kernel run correctly.

    What is the problem ?

    Very Very thank you

  2. Re: HELPPP ACPI Compaq Presario 2158 EA , freeze kernel boot

    Tanski Mikael wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to make ACPI for my compaq presario 2158, but when i enable ACPI
    > in kernel, this is freeze kernel on booting :
    >
    > ACPI: Subsystem revision 20030813
    > PCI : PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfd87d, last=bus2
    > PCI : Using configuration type 1
    >
    > And i waiting, 1Hour... 2H.. 3H... nothing.
    >

    > When i activate ACPI Debug, kernel stop at this line :
    >
    > Executing all Device _STA and_INI methods:....
    >
    > And i waiting, 1Hour... 2H.. 3H... nothing.
    >
    > I don't understand the problem. Because when i insert boot cdrom of
    > gentoo, and i load "acpi" kernel (live linux), kernel run correctly.
    >

    > What is the problem ?
    >

    > Very Very thank you

    Try adding this to the end of your kernel line in grub.conf:

    acpi=nopci (I believe that is the syntax)

    It should turn off acpi for the pci bus, but allow the other portions to
    work.

    Mark

  3. Re: HELPPP ACPI Compaq Presario 2158 EA , freeze kernel boot

    Mark a écrit :
    > Tanski Mikael wrote:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I want to make ACPI for my compaq presario 2158, but when i enable ACPI
    >>in kernel, this is freeze kernel on booting :
    >>
    >>ACPI: Subsystem revision 20030813
    >>PCI : PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfd87d, last=bus2
    >>PCI : Using configuration type 1
    >>
    >>And i waiting, 1Hour... 2H.. 3H... nothing.
    >>

    >>When i activate ACPI Debug, kernel stop at this line :
    >>
    >>Executing all Device _STA and_INI methods:....
    >>
    >>And i waiting, 1Hour... 2H.. 3H... nothing.
    >>
    >>I don't understand the problem. Because when i insert boot cdrom of
    >>gentoo, and i load "acpi" kernel (live linux), kernel run correctly.
    >>

    >>What is the problem ?
    >>

    >>Very Very thank you

    > Try adding this to the end of your kernel line in grub.conf:
    >
    > acpi=nopci (I believe that is the syntax)
    >
    > It should turn off acpi for the pci bus, but allow the other portions to
    > work.
    >
    > Mark

    inly acpi=off can boot normaly my kernel, pci=noacpi make the same problem

  4. Re: HELPPP ACPI Compaq Presario 2158 EA , freeze kernel boot

    Tanski Mikael wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to make ACPI for my compaq presario 2158, but when i enable ACPI
    > in kernel, this is freeze kernel on booting :

    Did you turn off legacy USB support in BIOS? That was one of the things
    I had to do, don't know if its connected somehow.

+ Reply to Thread