Re: Intersil Prism GT (802.11g) driver available - problems - Portable

This is a discussion on Re: Intersil Prism GT (802.11g) driver available - problems - Portable ; Hi, Frederik Kunz writes: > American student. IMO it should work with the SMC 2835W, DWL g650 A1 > and Netgear WG511. I am using the SMC2835W. The driver is a patched > pcmcia-cs 3.2.1 and available at > http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/802.11g/ ...

  1. Re: Intersil Prism GT (802.11g) driver available - problems

    Hi,

    Frederik Kunz writes:
    > American student. IMO it should work with the SMC 2835W, DWL g650 A1
    > and Netgear WG511. I am using the SMC2835W. The driver is a patched
    > pcmcia-cs 3.2.1 and available at
    > http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/802.11g/.

    I read the same along with the "success" in the Card overview. I just
    ordered a SMC2835W along with an OS independent SMC AP. In a few days
    I'll be playing around with them.

    > After hacking the driver to pcmcia-cs 3.2.4 and patching my kernel
    > with the patches included, I'm able to load the firmware from my

    Did you try with the lower pcmcia-cs it was intended for?

    > cardmgr[899]: executing: './network start eth1'
    > cardmgr[899]: + /sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid "any"
    > cardmgr[899]: + Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    > cardmgr[899]: + SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not

    Hmm.... there might be small print: IIRC the wireless extensions are
    not fully supported yet and it might be necessary to setup the ESSID
    etc. via modula parameters and not via the iwconfig command.
    Operation not supported might hint in that direction.

    Alternatively after checking for this try to contact the author --
    they might be quite interested in the early first hand experiences and
    bug hunts.

    K.-H.

  2. Re: Intersil Prism GT (802.11g) driver available - problems

    On 27 Aug 2003 14:47:37 +0200, Karl-Heinz Herrmann
    wrote:

    Hi Karl-Heinz,

    >Alternatively after checking for this try to contact the author --
    >they might be quite interested in the early first hand experiences and
    >bug hunts.

    Meanwhile I became one of the authors and solved the problem. Thanks
    anyway.

    Regards,

    Frederik

+ Reply to Thread